Holiday Inn Mart Plaza
Location: Holiday Inn Mart Plaza
Address: 350 West Mart Center Drive, Chicago, IL 60654
- Google map
- Mapquest Map
- Public Transit from O'Hare Airport (Blue Line)
- Public Transit from Midway Airport (Orange Line)
- Holiday Inn Mart Plaza
Don't panic at the name "Holiday Inn," because this hotel is nicely appointed has everything we need, including a large, cozy lobby for meeting/hanging out/checking our phones, and recently renovated rooms at $137 for a double or king. (Max occupancy is 4 people per room, but you can always ask about it and they may charge you a bit more). There are no suites available at the group rate.
They have reserved a smaller number of rooms for the Thursday before and the Monday after the tweetup, for those arriving early or leaving later.
When making reservations, ask for the Chicago(ish) Tweetup block of rooms. The views from these rooms is usually pretty fantastic, overlooking the Chicago River. If you're a AAA member, ask for their AAA rate for the dates you're reserving; sometimes that rate is lower than the block rate.
Tax is 15.4%, which adds another $21.10, making the total per night $158.10.
If you happen to call and hear that the block is closed, don't panic. Call Diane Fuentes, superhero sales rep, at 312.529.1115 and she'll open up more rooms for us. If you can't get a hold of Diane or experience any problems, contact Toni/@frageelay.
The cutoff date for the group rate is MARCH 15, 2013, so don't put off reserving a room!
All reservations must be guaranteed via credit card. Cancelation: 24 hours before arrival.
Check-in: 3PM, Check-Out: 12 PM.
Also, check out the Lodging Sharing forum for other options!
Parking is $39.00/night. However, there are ways around paying to park:
- The Grant Park underground parking garages run about $25/night - http://www.millenniumgarages.com/
- Flying in? Skip the car rental and either take public transportation downtown (the El stops at the hotel) or see if locals can pick you up from the airport - check the ride-sharing board.
- Driving in? The CTA offers secure parking at its Park & Ride locations around the outer edges of the city for as little as $4/day.
- More than one spacious lobby for hanging out
- A swanky (but smallish) bar with gorgeous city views, especially at night
- Walk to the El without going outdoors
- The surrounding area is visually gorgeous; you can see the Chicago River from one entrance and the El and commuter rail train tracks. Be sure to check the photo gallery: http://www.martplaza.com/photogallery/index.cfm
- There are tons of places to eat at the Merchandise Mart, which is attached to the hotel Though most are closed Sunday mornings, you can still get your Dunkin Donuts coffee fix!
- KICK ASS deli two blocks away: http://www.stevesdeli.com/home/